Malm nursery drawers makeover inspiration

A few weekends ago we made the trek out to Ikea to help kit out the nursery and one of the things we came back with was the Malm chest of 6 drawers in white. Ours in still currently in flatpack form but this is what they will look like.


Ikea - Malm

The plan is to use the top of the drawers as a change table but I've been mulling over what I want to do to the front panels to make them a bit more awesome and less boring. I was contemplating wallpapering the fronts of the drawers until I saw this tutorial for upholstering Malm drawers in fabric and padding instead:


via Wall Art for small fry

So cute. I think I'm going to give this a try with our drawers but instead of using contrasting colours I'd like to try this ombre look:


(via A Brooklyn Limestone in Progress)
(via this)

But in this kinda colour scheme.


(via Apartment Therapy)

Things might change a little as we start to put the room together and depending on what fabrics I can find but this is where I'm at right now.


No comments:

Post a Comment