Christmas 2011 - festive finery

IMG 5167
I know it's only a few days before Christmas and way late for inspiration posts but I wanted to show off my tree and festive do-dads anyway. I had some grand plans this year for our first Christmas in the house involving garlands made from vintage scarves and handmade decorations. This also being our first Christmas as parents however, most of these plans fell off the list fairly quickly. Some days it still feels like all I do is sit on the couch feeding Baby and not much else. So, we kept it simple. Husband kept things so simple this year that he bought a whole bunch of lights from Bunnings for the outside of the house and they're still in their boxes. We've never been outside of house decorators before and I'm still not sure if we're Christmas lights people. It's question for next year.
IMG 5170
I was fairly pleased with the way the tree came out. I retired a bunch of our old, $2 store decorations this year and simplified things with hearts and bits of ribbon tied here and there for colour. The white hearts are from Ikea and the clear plastic ones (and the star on top) are from Anna Spiro's Absolutely Beautiful things online store.
IMG 5165
Here are the presents. Brown paper and hand ripped pieces of calico from Spotlight with Officeworks shipping tag labels. IMG 5174
We don't usually do a wreath but I saw a photo of something similar to this online and it seemed summery and appropriate for our bright sunshiny Christmas season. This was a super easy project which only took a lazy late night hour in front of the telly and I do think it looks fab.
IMG 5172

IMG 5195
Christmas cookies. These are CWA ginger biscuit recipe that is one of my staples (must post one day). I weighed the virtues of a slew of Christmas cookie recipes before finally just making these in festive shapes and I'm not sorry at all. IMG 5198
Merry Christmas.

No comments:

Post a Comment