Sorting out baby's nursery

At 25 weeks, we've still got a ways to go but I've started thinking about this with some urgency lately.

I'm worried that if I don't do something about it now (at least organise some furniture) that baby will come early or I will become to fat to move and life will find me unprepared. I do not like it at all when life finds me unprepared. I have dreams about baby arriving and sleeping on a desk chair like one of our cats.

I've got some ideas but it's not as easy as I imagined it would be. We don't know if baby is a boy or a girl and even if we did I don't want a pink room or a blue room - but that seems to be what is most largely and easily available nursery wise. Unless you want cartoon characters, there are plenty of those too. (I definitely don't want cartoon characters.)

I don't think I'm being super picky asking for an alternative, reasonably priced, gender neutral, tasteful option. Or am I?

I suspect the failure of pregnant ladies to be able to find what they have envisioned in the marketplace is behind the huge number of niche, baby related shopping sites I keep coming across. There are just so many of them. Each one I like to imagine, started by a mother who dreamed of nothing but organic jersey cot sheets with a particular size of polka dot and upon finding them (or making them herself) wanted to share her discovery with the world. It's a nice idea, it's one of the nice things about the internet. I'm afraid it hasn't helped me much though.

I have bought one thing, this bird mobile from Etsy seller Holdclosethemoon.


Cute, no?





No comments:

Post a Comment