Guest room do-over

Under the heady influence of all the home mags at this time of year I've decided I simply MUST do over my spare room before family comes to stay at Christmas.

To be honest, I've never been happy with this room since we moved in and started stowing miscellaneous furniture in there. In its latest incarnation it's playing home to this lovely, but very brown, heirloom bedroom suite we inherited.

IMG 2962

Blah.

The other side of this room is taken up by a wall of built in cupboards where J and I store our clothes.

IMG 2963

The bed will stay, but I'll be moving that big old wardrobe, which is massive and largely useless, to another room. This room is only a guest room for a few weeks a year, so I'd like the bed to take up less real estate in the centre of the room and leave us with more space to play about in.

Spare room

Here are some of the things I am plotting for the space.

1. Art print, Society6
2. Mozzie net Necessary if we don't want spotty, cranky guests.
3. Zigzag rug, Urban Outfitters. This rug does not ship to Australia. It makes me sad.
4. Ikea. I already have this table. I don't think they sell them any more though because I can't find it on the website.
5. Castle and Things I'm a little obsessed with these penny round cushions. I want to put them everywhere.
6. Brass lamp, Domayne. Most of the time this store makes me vomit in my mouth a little, but I don't hate this lamp.
7. Kantha Quilt, Etsy
8. Guest towel, Ikea

1 comment: