Life and being mum

IMG 0748

Being a full time baby mama is hard work isn't it? I was reading something by Tina Fey the other day where she described it as "all-at-once exhausted, bored, and in love with the little creature whose poop is leaking up its back."

True that.

IMG 0743

He's mad for solids these days, hence the reading materials. Don't get me wrong. I adore the little guy and I love hanging out with him… it's just, constant. This isn't a complaint about something I wish I could change, more an acknowledgment of exhaustion.
Running a business during nap time and in the evenings takes its toll too. On the other hand, how lucky am I to be able to earn a living while I stay home raising my son? So lucky. I know it. I'll shut up now.

IMG 5804

Let's move on to more idyllic things.

IMG 0707

Look what came in the mail! Forwarded on by my very accommodating mother in law. Bliss.

I notice Kate Spade has locked her website down even further against the international browser lately. I think it's poor form.

IMG 0709 The black and white fabric is a Florence Broadhurst jacket. Seeing it hanging in the wardrobe makes me wild for some Autumn cool.

IMG 0695

Speaking of Autumn, this bed at Ikea with its jumble of doonas is just the thing. I'm thinking of stealing this bed dressing completely from Ikea I like it so much. It means purchasing three separate quilt sheet sets, but one of them is only $29. Justifiable?

IMG 0719

Baked a Shepherd's Pie. I always forget about the humble Shepherd's Pie, then when I make one I don't know why I don't do it all the time. So so good. Tonight we're having Stephanie Alexander Corned Beef. I couldn't find the recipe online but it's from the Cook's Companion and if you don't own a copy you really really should. It's definitive in my kitchen.

IMG 0679

Finally, here are some outfits. This silk dress is Gorman (I know, shocking). I don't work for them. I promise.

IMG 0702

And my current uniform.

IMG 0704

Blazer, arm jangle with giant pink Swatch, Jay Jays skinny jeans (I think I will have them in every colour soon), Moto boots.

Rinse and repeat.

1 comment:

  1. Love that Ikea bedding - especially the giant gingham print - I just want to dive in there and never come out it looks so comfortable. Pretty Kate Spade purchases too :)

    ReplyDelete