Good clean neon fun or a crime against vintage?

Il 570xN 310459517

I was trawling Etsy recently looking for neon things when I unearthed a trove of vintage costume jewellery blinged up with bright flouro colours.

Neon is everywhere right now isn't it? At first I was on the fence but I've recently come down firmly on the side of YES PLEASE. Such a fun bandwagon to be on.

Il 570xN 335945321

So what do you think?

Are these the funnest things ever, or should the sellers be slapped soundly on the wrist for taking craft paint to vintage lovelies?

Il 570xN 327263308

Il 570xN 330397934

Il 570xN 335726621

Il 570xN 334391016

6 comments:

  1. I'm a fan, I think they're fun. Particularly love the pink ombre necklace in the second last photo.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think the ombre one is my favourite too.

      Delete
  2. They're fun. But I remember the days when neon was called fluoro and was mostly available as socks! xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I remember having little pots of fluoro zinc for painting on noses. It was awful stuff.

      Delete
  3. I like painting my nails neon (currently yellow). The necklaces are pretty sweet. I like the mix of vintage/new (somewhat surprisingly to me)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think I need some neon nail polish in my life.

      Delete